- The John Lowe Education Grant was created in loving memory of John Lowe. Lowe was an educator himself, having a deep passion for children and education. The John Lowe Grant was established by Illinois Educators Credit Union and is open to all school staff within the direct field of membership of the Credit Union. This grant has been put into place to help make education brighter for everyone.
- Grant applications must be filled out in their entirety. If an application is not fully completed it will be disqualified. If an applicant is not at first successful, we invite that employee to resubmit the application for the following quarter. Illinois Educators Credit Union does not keep the applications on file; therefore the school employee is responsible for the resubmission of the application.
- Grant Applications may be submitted by mail, by fax, or in person with attention to Cheri Taylor. Due dates may be found on the John Lowe Education Grant Application.
- Recipients of the John Lowe Education Grant and the respective school principal will receive notification via mail no later than the date specified on the application form.
- Illinois Educators Credit Union administration and staff will deliver the grant proceeds to the respective winners at their school. Along with the proceeds the IECU will bring a special treat for the recipient to share. A photo of the Principal, Teacher, and Administrative Staff member will be taken.
- IECU would like to request that pictures be taken of the project for which the grant money was used. The pictures will in no way be publicized, however they are needed for auditing purposes.
- Application Deadlines will permanently be:
|Due Date||Award Date|
|October 1st||October 15th|
|December 1st||December 15th|
|February 1st||February 15th|
|April 1st||April 15th|
- If there are any questions about the John Lowe Education Grant please contact Illinois Educators Credit Union at (217) 528-2642.