A checking account is a deposit account designed for secure and easy access to your funds. Whether you’re paying your electric bill, the babysitter or anything in between, your IECU Checking Account comes with all of the FREE online and mobile services that make handling your finances convenient and uncomplicated, 24/7.
IECU has made choosing the checking account that’s right for you simple…No minimum balance requirement and no monthly service charges. Just free checking. It’s that easy!
What makes IECU Checking Accounts so great?
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly fees
- Unlimited debit card usage and check writing privileges
- Free online banking: check balances, transfer funds, view cleared checks and more.
- Free bill pay: pay bills with funds from your checking account and eliminate buying stamps and envelopes!
- Free debit card with EMV chip protection
- Free monthly e-statements
- Free Remote Check Deposit on the IECU Mobile App: take a picture of the check you’d like to deposit and we’ll do the rest!
- Access to over 30,000 free ATMs (that’s more than most traditional bank customers do!)
- Overdraft Protection and Courtesy Pay features available
- Direct Deposit available
- Free first box of checks and carbonless copies
- NCUA insured to at least $250,000
OVERDRAFT PROTECTION HAS YOU COVERED!
When unpredictable expenses catch up with you, we’ve got your back. If you make a purchase or withdrawal that exceeds your checking account balance (don’t worry, it happens to the best of us…), the balance will be transferred from your savings account (or up to four other share accounts authorized by you) to your checking account to make up the difference.
Overdraft Protection carries a nominal fee of $3.00 per transfer made on your behalf, much lower than the returned merchant fees and inconvenience of declined transactions!
To sign up for Overdraft Protection or if you have questions regarding changes to your Overdraft Protection, contact IECU.
COURTESY PAY PROTECTION
Courtesy Pay adds a safety net to your personal checking account. If you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, we may cover the transaction and overdrawn balance up to an approved limit for qualifying members.
For more information about share draft accounts and overdraft protection, contact IECU today.
Start/Restart Share Draft Accounts
IECU is here to help, no matter your current financial situation. In a world where second chances are hard to come by, the IECU Restart Share Draft Program offers a solution to repair poor credit and provide financial guidance from an experienced IECU Lending Officer. If you have a low credit score or have had trouble opening a share draft account in the past, the IECU Restart Share Draft Program is for you.
For our members who are just starting out and are looking to establish a share draft account for the first time, IECU offers the Start Share Draft Account Program. Just like that, you’ll see your credit begin to build and open new doors for your personal finance options!
Certain restrictions apply. Please see an IECU Loan Officer for more details. To open a Start or Restart account, an individual must meet the standard IECU membership eligibility requirements. A Member Services Representative can discuss these with you, or view a detailed list on our Membership page.